Engage Nigeria is an online platform designed to provide Nigerians an information rich hub for Nigerians to engage each other on Governance and participation in election under the SCEEP project i.e. strengthening citizens’ engagement in the electoral process.
SCEEP project is an ActionAid Nigeria and BBC Media Action initiative, with support from the UK Department for International Development (DFID). A key objective of the SCEEP project is to strengthen the electoral engagement of Women, Youth and People living with disabilities.
SCEEP at a Glance
To push the agenda for more inclusion of SCEEP’s target audience, the project is being implemented in Akwa Ibom, Imo, Kaduna, Kano, Plateau and Lagos states. However, some project intervention efforts are executed at the national level i.e. Abuja.
The goal of SCEEP is to strengthen citizen’s engagement and participation in the electoral process and deepen democratic governance in Nigeria.
As such our objectives are as such;
- Support citizens, especially women, youth and persons living with disability to participate in and influence electoral process.
- To promote the emergence of a politically better informed electorate.
- Promote inclusiveness in the Nigerian electoral system.
Who is SCEEP targeting to engage Nigeria
The SCEEP project is a four (4) year project i.e. 2014-2018 and the target audience is Women, Youth and People living with disabilities. A critical success factor of this initiative is the drive to reach 21,680,000 adult Nigerians within the four(4) years of the project.
SCEEP Project locations and levels
- State Level – 6 States (Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Akwa Ibom and Imo state )
- Two (2) Local Governments in each of the Senatorial Zones of the states across the 6 States (6ST x 3SZ x 2LGAs) = 36 Local Governments
- Three (3) communities in each of the LGAs (3Comms X 36LGAs ) = 108 Communities